“Thank you Carole for a great workshop. Very detailed and informative but with a very easy-to-follow and clear presentation”
Charlene, Widnes Academy Primary, Halton about the “Understanding speech sound difficulties” workshop
“This was a really useful workshop. It has helped me to better understand how I can protect my voice in school as well as with my own children”
Ashleigh, Eastcroft Primary, Knowsley about “Looking after your voice” workshop
Many teaching staff express a lack of confidence in knowing how to help children with Speech, Language and Communication needs (SLCN). SLCN is now the biggest special Educational Need (SEN) and so this results in a anxiety and concern from teaching staff regarding the best way to make their classrooms as inclusive as possible.
As a Consultant Speech and Language Therapist with over 20 years of experience I have delivered many bespoke and accredited training courses for staff in Nursery and Primary settings. I have also worked as a guest lecturer for Chester University delivery training about speech and language to student teaching staff.
Chatty Workshops are a series of online workshops that can be viewed on any device. They cover a range of topics which schools feel they need help with We can train staff and families in many areas of speech, language and communication.
Staff will receive a certificate for their CPD and can also provide feedback for the Senior Leadership Team to monitor value of training for staff.
This is a yearly subscription service with prices starting from £450 + VAT depending upon the size of Setting.
Chatty Workshops are typically 45 minutes long and cover a range of speech and language topics including:
- Supporting Vocabulary learning in the classroom
- Helping children to understand and learn
- How to help children with EAL or Bilingualism at school
- Working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder throughout the school day
- Supporting children who stammer throughout the school day
- Speech sound difficulties – how to spot them and help them
- Attachment Disorders and how they impact children
- Using BLANK levels to help children understand your questions
- Looking after your voice – for Teaching Staff
- Useful apps and technology for SLCN intervention